The fast changing technological scenario poses to the Institute
a challenge of continuously updating its curriculum and faculty
to be able to provide state-of-the-art education to the students.
Changes, both major and subtle, have been made by the Computer
Science Department of the Institute, to be better prepared for
The Department of Computer Science has many areas of interest, in a wide range of topics, whether it be an undergraduate degree or multiple research opportunities.
The department aims to become a major learning and research centre in the areas of Computer Networking, Data Warehousing & Mining, Image Processing and Information Security.
Key Strengths :
- We provide state of the art computing facilities with the latest hardware and software. It maintains over 900 computers in the campus, connected through campus LAN with fiber optics and CAT6 backbone.
- Access to Internet for students and staff through 4 Mbps leased line through dedicated BTS(Base Transmission Station).
- Well qualified and experience faculty rich in industrial and teaching experience.
- E-class room with modern teaching aids like LCD projectors and facility of video conferencing
- Exposures to various operating systems like windows, Linux and Novell Netware and the latest softwares like oracle, JAVA, visual studio, MATLAB, Rational Suite, etc.
- State of the art Computer Centre with modern computing facilities.
- The department organizes various activities like seminars, guest lectures and workshops for students and faculties.
Equipment and Facilities
Hardware : Systems available for the students of latest configuration like PENTIUM IV Dual Core with CD/DVD Combo Drive with TFT Monitors. HCL Servers, High end graphics workstation from HCL, Video Conferencing, Wireless projectors, Interactive Touch Screen, Digital Handy Cam, Digital Camera, Color Laser Printers, Network Printers and Benchmarks LAN Trainer Kit.
Software : Microsofts Campus Agreement Licensed software, MSDN, UNIX, NT, NOVELL, VISUAL C++, Visual Basic, Java, Visual FoxPro, Oracle, Rational Suite Enterprise, MATLAB 7, Visual Studio .net, IBM's Rational, DB2, Eclipse, Websphere, Adobe Suite, Enterprise studio, Multisim, Simulink and Dream weaver.
Servers : HCL server Quad Core, MATLAB server, WEB server, Antivirus upgradation server, VOD server (NAS), File Server and Proxy Servers(ISA) Co-located Server : DIMAT has a collocated Web and Database server.
Networking :The department has more than 900 nodes through high speed fibre optic backbone managed L2, L3 switches. The campus also has wireless access connectivity, Hot Spot.
Internet : 4Mbps Dedicated lease line Internet connectivity through BTS (Base Transmission Station) 24X7 access with download facility.
Security : Multifunction firewall (DLINK DFL-700) appliance has been installed to comprehensively protect data and real time monitoring of the traffic. It also includes NAT (Network Address Translation), DMZ (De-Militarized Zone), VPN (Virtual Private Network), Intrusion Detection and extensive audit logging with alarm condition detection and reporting.
Introduction to computing lab.